Sunday, July 6, 2008

Blogging Again

Okay, here is attempt number 398 of mine to start being a regular blogger. I so many wonderful blogging who friends who actually update their blogs and I am starting to feel like a slacker. So, I'll use this post to catch you up on the last two months.....

May brought much fun:

A horse party for Mariah at Sac River Stables


My 3 darlings


Mariah's bestest friend since age 2 with Mariah and Ally


As a special treat for us our friends the Bettendorfs came too!


Katie made Mariah this DARLING "cowgirl" outfit. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!


Mariah enjoyed riding "backward" while we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her. :)


This is how it feels when you are too young to ride. :( Despite this very sad face, I do indeed recommend Sac River Stables to anyone. They are fabulous to work with and do so great with all ages of children. We loved our time there. And don't worry, I'm sure some cake turned that frown upside down! :)


Next on the list was some Memorial Day activities. We went to the cemetery in Mansfield, MO where Mark's relatives on his dad's side are buried. It also happens to be where Laura Ingalls Wilder of the Little House books is buried as well. We also went to another, the Newton cemetery I believe it is called.


Mariah in Mansfield


At the Newton cemetery. Yes, we are clowning around in a cemetery. Get over it. When you know your relatives are in heaven with Jesus, you can be happy.

And of course, what Memorial Day would be complete without a cookout to usher in summer in an official capacity. My father-in-law put his culinary genius on the grill while we admired his "upside down" garden he is trying out this year. Pretty cool, eh?


And God was really cool as usual and decided to send us a rainbow....



Okay, we had so much that we did in the last two months, I'm going to have to save more for later. I'll put more up in the next day or two so stay tuned. Because I'm going to become a regular blogger. Really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Looks like you guys have been really busy!
Thanks for the update. Miss seeing how you guys have been doing. :)

Tasha

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I found you through Heavenly Homemakers and it looks like you are in or around Springfield, Mo. I lived there for 7 years and my husband grew up there. We go back there several times a year to visit all of my in-law's. Also, my husband and I grew cucumbers and tomatoes upside down and they did really well until the tomato bucket fell to the ground and broke while we were on vacation.