Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Suggestions Please

Every year I compile the book list for my Book Club at church for the following year in October so that people can ask for books for Christmas and also have all year to try to get the books on clearance, etc. 2008 will be our third year for book club! It has been a lot of fun.

So that brings me to a reader request ( because my blog has such a large following, LOL). I need suggestions of Christian Fiction authors. We have read a lot and loved them, but I am sure there are more out there that we have not read that are great. Let me know some books you have liked. Some of the authors we have liked are Francine Rivers, Beverly Lewis, Brock and Bodie Thoene, Terri Blackstock, Angela Hunt, W. Dale Cramer, Colleen Coble, Karen Kingsbury and Shaunti Feldhahn just to name a few. We are only doing Christian fiction. We love a great non-fiction, but after doing them every other month our first year, we felt we just didn't have time in one evening to get to enough of the "meat" to make it worth our while. So this year we just have done fiction and it has been a lot of fun. Those books are still encouraging and make you think, even if the stories are not always true.

Here are our books for the rest of THIS year in case you are interested in reading with us!

October--Sutter's Cross--W. Dale Cramer
November--A Time To Dance--Karen Kingsbury
December--The Lights of 10th Street--Shaunti Feldhahn.

Enjoy and keep those suggestions coming!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you looking for more girl books? Or just general books?
I like Frank Peretti (sp?), he is great.
Other than that I dont know any, but if i find more will let you know.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Neta Jackson's "Yada Yada Prayer Group" Series?

My old book club did a few of those and everybody really enjoyed them.

Her husband, Dave, also has some Christian Fiction. Though I've not read any of his work.

www.daveneta.com links you to all their books. They also have a series for kids which I'm thinking of getting for Kaleb.

HsKubes said...

I can't help much here because we don't read much Christian fiction.
But I did want to say thank you for the birthday wishes for our sweetie and your kind comments. ;o)

~ Christina